Monday, January 19, 2015

MarvelEvent Talks Black Panther and Inhumans









Help, I can't keep up anymore.



Over at The American Journal, I did an entire article about the Marvel movie release schedule.



Some preliminary thoughts: One, I'm very happy that they've started releasing more than two films a year. They needed to up their game. And I think they just bitch-smacked DC into next Tuesday.



2) It's not that they thought this through enough to include the Inhumans and Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) as they both tie the larger Marvel Cosmic universe to the Earthbound Marvel universe. And since Avengers 3 is going to have Thanos (see previous posts) tying them together will help.



However ... Would it have killed them to have a black Widow Movie? I know I'm not the only one who wants it.



3) It seems that, yes, despite what I said the other day, there will be a Civil War element to Captain America 3. However, the only real similarity to the premise is the title, and that there will be legislation about superheroes. It will be a global law, however, not just American. So, guess what, we're going to have Civil War without, well, a civil war. Since the "World Council" in Avengers and Cap 2 seem to be at odds with superheroes, I can't imagine that their successors will be too happy with them.



Does anyone realize that this will put Captain America at odds with the United Nations? Muahaha.



4) Black Panther has been announced. I like the character, and it should be interesting. Supposedly, he might be added to the team in Age of Ultron, but we'll see.



5) To no one's surprise, Avengers 3 is title The Infinity War. And it will be awesome.



 And I have this suspicion that it will include everyone.



6) Despite previous reports, Benedict Cumberbatch has not been confirmed as Dr. Strange.  I just want him on screen so he and Robert Downey Jr. can be on the same screen at the same time.



7) Again, according to the schedule, 2018 will have Avengers: Infinity War Part 1, THEN Captain Marvel, THEN Inhumans, and in 2019, the end of the Infinity War.  Does anyone else think the 2018 movies may all happen at the same time? Or perhaps conclude at the same time?  Just a thought.



For the schedule proper, again, check it out at American Journal.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'd like to see a black widow movie, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me crazy, but the publicity is reminding me of a poker technique. If you have obvious tells, you broadcast tells every chance you get just to confuse people. I'm sure it has a clever name (most poker strategies do), but I don't know it. This sounds like bluffing on steroids. To try to incorporate everything we have heard would result in a horrible movie. I like to think that Joss wouldn't do that to us.

    ReplyDelete