Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Occupy Google!


Sorry, this blog will be postponed for today. Nothing new is going to happen.



Why?  Because Google has decided to jerk me around



This blog, APM, has recently had a slight bump in traffic.  How slight?  Well, to break it down, the blog has had just over 16,000 viewers.



Thus far, November has brought in over 8,000 new readers.



Google Ads, who usually have a place in the right hand column, or just under the latest blog post, have decided that my latest bump in Google Ad clicks is sketchy.



If you don't have Google's Adsense on a blog, it's simple: you get paid by click.  The more hits you get on the website, the more likely it is that someone will click on your ads, and the more clicks, the more money.



However, you don't get paid until you make $100.



Before November, I had "made" $40.  Since the start of the November, I've brought in more than that -- not much, but I could buy a new laptop, if I buy it wholesale ....



In other words, just when I'm actually about to make ANY money, Google pulls the plug on me.



I'm going to spend the next few days waterboarding someone at Google .... um, I mean, appealing my case to these overstuffed shirts.



It's not much, but for someone who is too overeducated to be employed even at McDonald's (I think they're afraid I may take over), it's something.



Pardon the interruption.

No comments:

Post a Comment