Monday, August 6, 2012

Promotions and self publishing.


Did you know that one of the advantages of publishing exclusively on Amazon.com's Kindle e-reader actually allows the publisher five promotional days?  Yes. Surprise.



Basically, for those five days, anyone with a Kindle can read my book for free.  After that, Amazon will pluck the book out of their e-book shelves, up until the point where the readers buy the book.



Advantage: people who read the book may like it and pass it along, telling everyone they know about the book.



Disadvantage: people may read it, not like it, and not buy it.



It's a risk I'll have to take, I guess.



This is a flyer ... at least a temporary flyer.  I'm not sure I'm done with design yet.  I"m also not sure if I want three days, or blow all five at once.



And why these dates?  Because those are the last days, and the day after, DragonCon, in Atlanta.  You could say they're a target demographic. :)



You could ask -- why not hold out for New York Comic Con?  Because I get 5 days every 3 months.  July, August, September are the first three.  NYCC is in October, so that would be the next round.



If you're wondering what the dates are -- here. If you've got a Kindle, mark the dates.






No comments:

Post a Comment