Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Music to Write to: Tom Smith, Halo


Yup, another music blog.  I haven't had any complaints yet.

Tom Smith is a weird fellow who does mostly "filk" music-- pardoy songs you hear at science fiction and comic book conventions. Filk started as a misprint in a pamphlet -- the intended target being "folk" music. But, as the I is right next to the O key, there was a misfire. It's never been corrected.

And so ... Tom Smith: I want to be Peter Lorre











Halo: On a Pale Horse... I think the title explains this one.









The visuals from this one are from the Halo video games.


As I said before, I listen to Dragonforce for the guitar, not necessarily for the lyrics.







Cruxshadows; Dragonfly. This one will be a little weird. While the imagery is nice, I suspect I'll have to google it in order to make any sense out of it. Right now, I'll lay money on Greek mythology, but that's just a guess.



However, I don't have to think about the music while I"m writing.





No comments:

Post a Comment