Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Colorado Fires, Donations, and Coyotes


Karina Fabian, who's been kicking around the blog for a while, sent out this letter the other day.  And, I figured we could all give her a hand.








About a year and a half ago, I wrote a little story about a series
of
wildfires being set near Los Lagos, Colorado, the fictional home of Vern
and
Sister Grace of my DragonEye, PI world. The story itself was a
mystery
convolving Sister Grace and Coyote the Trickster God. It was fun to
write
about Coyote again and it explains a few mysteries mentioned in Magic,
Mensa
and Mayhem. I've sent it out to several places, but no one took
it.
However, I know that every story has its time and place. That time
and
place is now and online.
We've had an upsetting number of forest
fires in the West, and Colorado
Springs has been especially hard hit, with
over 35,000 people evacuating
their homes and hundreds of homes destroyed or
damaged by the flames.
People have come from all over the nation to assist in
fighting the fires,
and so many are going to have to rebuild their homes from
scratch. I'd like
to use my story to help them.
"Coyote Fires" is now
up in a serial format. The first episode s are posted
at http://coyotefires.karinafabian.com.
I have a donation button on the
site, and I'm asking that if you enjoy the
story, you help me help others by
donating a little to the cause. You can
donate as little as $1. For every
$10 I earn (from one to ten donors), I'll
put up another episode. I'll take
donations until the story is totally up or
September 1, whichever comes
later. At that time, I'll send all the proceeds
to the Colorado Springs
chapter of the American Red Cross. I also have a
deal, where if you donate
over $25 dollars, I'll send you an autographed copy
of Magic, Mensa and
Mayhem. (Your entire donation will go to the ARC.)


In addition, between now and Aug 31, the publisher, editors, and I
are
donating all our profits from the Coyote story "Perfect Ten" and
the
DragonEye novel, Live and Let Fly. Order them through the links on
the
story website or from MuseItUp in order for the donations to
work.
"Coyote Fires" is only six episodes long, but I'm hoping we can
raise for a
more than $60. If you'd like to help, I have a couple of easy
ways:
#1. Read the story and donate
#2 Buy "Perfect Ten" or Live
and Let Fly for yourself or a friend
#3 Tell others: You can copy this
blog, make up a tweet or use one of mine:
#Coyote #Fires, a #fundraising
serial story at
http://coyotefires.karinafabian.com.
Enjoy some fantasy and help victims of
the #coloradofires.
Like
#DragonEye? Read #Coyote #Fires online & help victims of
the
#coloradofires. http://coyotefires.karinafabian.com

#4 Donate to another charity of your choice. (Let me know, and I'll
send
you a copy of the story!)
Thanks, all!
Karina
Fabian
http://fabianspace.com Books to challenge the
mind, touch the heart, and
tickle the funny bone.
Live and Let Fly!
Dragons, demigods and super-spies in a spoof that will
make you laugh out
loud! http://tinyurl.com/amazonllf


No comments:

Post a Comment