Monday, June 11, 2012

So, I have a new job....


This blog is going to be a one-off, promise. If you don't like it, I promise something entertaining tomorrow. Honest.

A few weeks ago, I mentioned I had a new job, something to kill time between rewrites and Examiner articles, and waiting for my agent to get me a publisher already.



However, in this wonderful economy, I've noted that there is no such thing as a sure thing. So, I recently started on a work from home gig. I am now an associate of Ambit energy, a power supply company. Unlike a company like Con Edison, they do not deliver gas or electricity, but they provide it to a large company, using their pipes and wires to carry the gas and electricity to you.

For example, my household just switched to Ambit Energy. Our rate went from 10 cents a kilowatt hour to 6.4 cents; it's a variable rate (it's NY, they're almost all variable rates), but they have been consistently low. Our natural gas rates also dropped. So, I thought it would be a good company to join, especially since states are deregulating their energy businesses.

Their marketing plan is simple: in this case, it's me. It's just me telling people about the company. That's it. I am now the Avon Lady of gas and electric (or should it be Mary Kay? In any event, it's not even a really GOOD comparison).  I've been in it about three months at this point, and no, it's not a scam. If it turns out to be so, I will announce it (there will also be pain, wailing, and gnashing of teeth ... and it won't be from me).



Why do this? Well, after years of crossing my fingers and hoping the economy improves, I figured I'd rather take matters into my own hands. (Yes, the next step is self-publishing.)

Anyway, if you'd like, feel free to take a look at Ambit Energy. Obviously, I'm not exactly selling you anything, since you're already using electricity just to look at this blog. I would just like to give you an option for a lower rate on gas and electric.

To look at the company itself, you can go here, to my website: http://johnemery.energy526.com -- if you also want to try something else, you can also come work for me (yes, for me. It's in the video when you follow the link).

If you want to switch your current energy supply company, you can go here: http://johnemery.joinambit.com

Now, yes, I do get something out of this -- for every few customers, I get a bonus. However, for every few customers that invite other customers, customers also get a bonus.

What do you get? Well, the first two months, (in a variable rate are like New York) they are guaranteeing a minimum savings of 7% off of your gas and electric bills. After that, a minimum saving of 1%. The latter doesn't look like much, but, again, in the case of my household, we saved closer to 40%, so these savings are the bare minimum, and can lead to more.

Also, just for signing up, you get a 3day/2night getaway at one of twenty resorts. And, for every kilowatt hour of electricity, and every therm of gas you use, you get travel points, not unlike frequent flyer mileage on a Delta credit card. (Or, sign up for the two month discount and the getaway, then switch back, no charge to switch either way).

Anyway, I again invite you to take a look at joining Ambit as a customer. Please use the links supplied, that way, I can get credit for bringing you in.

If anyone has any questions, the contact info is on the websites (either http://johnemery.joinambit.com or http://johnemery.energy526.com). I'll be happy to field any questions you may have.

For the record, Ambit is in the following states;

New York
New Jersey
Texas (certain cities are exempted. Only two, I think.)
Pennsylvania
Illinois
Maryland
Connecticut
Washington DC
Massachusetts (as of June 14)

To look at exactly what the rates are for each zip code, and what services are available, go to http://johnemery.joinambit.com and type in your zip code for an exact look at rates and whatnot.

Anyway, I hope this is some use to someone. 

Thank you for your time. Be well, all.  I hope to return you to your usual insanity in short order.

2 comments:

  1. I really hope this works out for you but I'm feeling very uneasy that this may be an impossible scam. When you can tell me that it's not I might sign on. Regards. Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's working out so far. The payments are slow, but then again, so is the growth of my customer base. :) Few people want to play. But it's coming along, slowly.

    ReplyDelete